Thursday, December 10, 2015

Yes Message

Text messaging is changing the way we communicate. Not only is the technology changing the way we send our message, it's changing the message itself. Text messages, by nature, have to be short. My thumbs can only type so many words at a time. Necessity being the mother of invention, we have witnessed the rise of the emoji. These small symbols, originally faces created with colons for eyes and symbols for the mouth, have evolved into little drawings to express emotions that used to require an entire paragraph. For example, "The guy in front of me in the checkout line is taking forever to finish. I have no idea when I will get home for dinner. It is entirely possible that I'm going to spend the rest of my life reading the gum wrappers at Walmart." has become :\

This week, we look at the second of the Christmas announcements, the angel informing Mary that she would give birth to the Son of God. Her amazingly brief acceptance of the Lord's call on her life reveals how we should all be ready, when the Lord calls, to say "Yes."

See you Sunday!

Listen to this message at http://www.nationalheights.org/messages.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment