Monday, September 10, 2012

Stormy Weather

Friday, September 7, was an amazing day in Springfield, meteorologically speaking. It was beautiful sunshine, followed by tornado sirens and hurricane force winds, followed by sunshine, all in the space of about forty-five minutes. To forecast the weather, you needed stopwatch.

That's the nature of weather, though. It changes. Predicting shifts in the weather is still as much art as it is science. A 40% chance of rain means there is a 60% chance of sunshine, so I leave my umbrella in the car 100% of the time, just in case.

It's good to know that the love of God is not like that.

Hebrews 13:8
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

That's a truth you can know, and live, 100% of the time.