Monday, July 9, 2012

Camp!

The month of July is filled with camps and mission trips in our Youth and Children's ministries. I remember my first camp. I was in the third grade and it was my first overnight trip away from my parents. When I arrived at camp, I realized I had left my bedroll at home. An empty mattress on a bunk stared at me from our camp dorm room. Fortunately, my mother had pity on me, and brought my sleeping bag along with a box of cookies for me and the rest of the guys in my dorm. I slept better knowing my Mom was there to make sure I had what I needed. The cookies weren't so bad, either.

We often find ourselves in life lacking what we need. We arrive at points along the way - the birth of a child, the death of a parent, an unexpected illness – and find ourselves without the items necessary to move forward. It is in those times we can more fully realize the promise of God's word:

Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

As you face your inabilities, realize the God who supplies all your need.


No comments:

Post a Comment