Thursday, March 14, 2013

We're having a baby!!!

Most of you already know that Suzy is pregnant, and we couldn't be more excited.  This past Tuesday, we went to the doctor for her regular check-up and the doctor says to Suzy, "So, we're practically half-way through this pregnancy, how are you doing? Any questions...?"  But my mind stopped at the "half-way through" part.  Really?!  Halfway through!  Didn't we just announce this to everyone?  How long is this supposed to last? 
 
Now, I know that pregnancies are 40 weeks.  And, I knew that we're in week 20 according to the app on my iPad.  But, it didn't register in my mind that we're halfway through. 
 
I have to say, that I've been trying to do my best as the husband/father to keep up with these important things.  Like I said, I have an app for that.  We've also accumulated all kind of books laying around the house that I flip through from time to time.  Books like: "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and "You're Having a Baby".  So, I'm trying to do my best.  But, let's face it, I'm a guy, and I'm not going to understand and think about all those things that Suzy does. 
 
But, as I follow along on my iPad and  read through the books about what's going on in Mommy's tummy--like eyelashes developing and enamel forming on the teeth of our little baby, I'm in awe of the process that our Creator is taking our precious child through.  And, I find myself quoting David's Psalm:
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
it is high; I cannot attain it.
David goes on to say...  
13 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
As I enjoy thinking about our baby growing and becoming all the beautiful things that I hope it will be, I'm overwhelmed to know this most wonderful truth for all of us
Our Creator is still forming us and making us into a beautiful treasure.   
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
 
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
Yes, the Creator of the Universe, God Almighty, thinks of you often:
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you.
 
 
Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment