Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Blank Page

It's my turn to do the blog, and I sat staring at the white, empty page, wondering what to write. I'm convicted as I ponder how many times I present a blank page to God, asking Him to be the Author of my life. Not near enough, I'm afraid.

Too many times I fill in my plans, my schedule, my desires, and want God to 'sign off' on it. Instead, I need to be the one who signs off on God's plans...knowing that His ways are perfect. Psalms 32:8 tells me "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you." He's got it all planned out, I just need to follow, step by step.

I notice God already has  plenty of things written out for me to get a good start....things like loving my neighbor, studying His word, praying for others, etc. I'm going to try and do a better job each day of handing God the page of my day with my signature on the bottom, trusting Him to show me the details of what He wants me to do. And I'm going to keep the white out ready to blot out things I add that I shouldn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment