Thursday, August 13, 2015

Surrounded

I went outside last night, or more specifically early this morning, to watch the Perseid meteor shower, an event that happens once a year as the earth passes through the dust trail left by comet Swift-Tuttle (don't be too impressed; I googled all of that off the internet). I did what the instructions told me to do - I looked northeast, let my eyes adjust, and waited for the show.

Nothing. Not a single meteor. A couple of times I thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye, but I'm pretty sure either it was just a lightning bug or me falling asleep and dreaming I saw something. If there were any meteors, I didn't see them.

In 2 Kings 6:15-17, what Elisha's servant could see really worried him, and for good reason. He and Elisha were surrounded by an army sent to kill them. So Elisha asked God to open his servant's eyes. What he sees should fill us all with hope in the faithfulness of God.


Join us this Sunday to find out what Elisha's servant saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment