Thursday, November 5, 2015

Read the Blueprint

At one time in my life, I wanted to be an architectural engineer. I went to a recruiting class the local college offered one Saturday for future engineers, explaining all the things a degree in architectural engineering could do for my life.

I don't remember anything they said, but I do remember a video the professor showed of a bank building in the process of being constructed. The time lapse video showed the progress over several days which came to a screeching halt. All the construction workers stopped while a group of very official looking people huddled around what appeared to be design plans. After a lot of pointing and huddling, the construction workers began taking the frame of the building apart. The professor explained that the primary beam holding the roof had been installed backwards, so they had to tear everything down and start over.

I'm not sure how this was supposed to encourage us to be architectural engineers, but it did teach a lesson I never forgot - be sure to read the blueprint. In Ephesians 4, the Bible provides God's blueprint for the church. In this week's passage, Ephesians 4:11, we will look at who the church is and who created it.

See you Sunday!

Listen to this message at http://www.nationalheights.org/messages.html

No comments:

Post a Comment