Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Rx

I was sick last week....really sick.....and I didn't like it one bit. It's amazing how something microscopic can cause megascopic effects on your body. My head throbbed, I had fever, then I chilled, I couldn't stay awake, I coughed (and coughed and coughed), and the symptoms went on.

Sin can be like that. Just let one negative thought creep in, allow yourself to become apathetic in just one area, ignore that still, small voice 'just this once,' and before you know it, there are noticeable illnesses in your spirit. Thankfully, God has just the right prescription for every area of our lives. Worried about tomorrow? ("My God shall supply all your needs..." Phil. 4:19) Needing a rest? ("Come unto Me, and I will give you rest." Matt. 11:28) And the list goes on and on and on! The Bible is full of God's cures for any and all of our soul's sicknesses. Best of all, each prescription is personalized--just take a look at THIS one! ("God so loved YOU that He gave His only Son!")

Feeling better after being sick feels--well--so--good. You remember very well where you WERE and are so glad to be past that point. Fixing a spiritual illness feels even better, for it brings us back into a right deeper fellowship with God. And the effects can be MEGASCOPIC ! : )





 

No comments:

Post a Comment