Thursday, January 7, 2016

Excel

I am not an accountant. For good reason. For one thing, my wife is an accountant. She is really good at it. For both of us to be accountants would be unfair. Somebody has to keep H & R Block in business.

Even though I am not an accountant, I have had to learn how to use spreadsheets. Not that spreadsheets are essential to ministry, but they have come in handy from time to time. At least when my wife begins to describe the credits and debits of her daily routine, I can nod my head supportively.

I would not, however, describe myself as an expert in spreadsheets. Or put another way, I do not excel at my Excel excellence. Okay, that was a long way to go for a pun, but it leads to the point of this week's message from 2 Corinthians 8:7, where Paul encourages his fellow believers to excel in everything, especially in the grace of giving.

See you Sunday!

Listen to this message at http://www.nationalheights.org/messages.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment