Thursday, January 28, 2016

God's Blessing Equation

I was a sixth grade millionaire. Well, that's stretching it a bit, but on paper, I was the richest kid in my school. On paper. 2x4 note paper. In a small notepad, I kept IOU's from the lunchroom. Every day, my mother packed two Twinkies in my lunch. I ate one, and traded the other for an IOU - a fellow sixth grader's written promise that they would pay me back. By the end of the year, I had successfully created 157 loans, each for one Twinky. My plan was to collect the debt, sell the Twinkies, and pocket the cash. However, I soon realized the flaw to my theory.

The school year ended.

By the seventh grade, no one cared about their snack food debt, and I no longer wanted Twinkies. I had moved on to Hostess cupcakes. My fortune in Twinky futures had become absolutely worthless.

We sometimes forget the reason why we have what we have. God blesses us for a purpose - so we can give those blessings away for his glory. This week, we will take a look at God's blessing equation in 2 Corinthians 9:9-10.

See you Sunday!

Listen to this message at http://www.nationalheights.org/messages.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment