Thursday, February 2, 2017

Never Alone

When I was in elementary school, I was the last one to leave the house. My parents went to work, my sister caught the bus to her school, but I walked to my school located just two blocks from our home.

The school did not open to students until thirty minutes before school began, which meant I spent roughly fifteen minutes in my house alone. In those fifteen minutes, my mind conjured up every possible disaster that could occur, usually focusing on an escaped prisoner breaking into our home to kidnap any children waiting to go to school. I'm not sure why an escaped prisoner would choose my house, but in my third grade mind, it made perfect sense. Those fifteen minutes would seem like fifteen hours.

No one likes to be alone, especially in times of distress. Jesus knew that his disciples would face many difficult days. He also knew that they would not face them alone.

Neither do we. In Christ, we share the same promise found in John 14:16-18. This Sunday, discover the reality that even in your darkest moments you are not alone!

Hear this message at NHBC Media

No comments:

Post a Comment