Monday, February 6, 2017

Remember

Did I? I can't tell you how many times I have headed away from the house and then had the thought....did I unplug the curling iron? Why do I struggle with remembering whether or not I did it? It's because I use it day in and day out, and 99.9% of the time always remember to unplug it. But there's always the thought that one day I might forget, burn our house down, catch the neighbor's house on fire, and suddenly the houses on our side of the street are gone, and we are featured on the 6 o'clock news. And oh, by the way, no one in the neighborhood ever speaks to me again.

We do many of those things each day as just a part of our daily life. Do you actually remember putting the key in the ignition and starting your car, saying goodbye when you hung up the phone, or putting toothpaste on your toothbrush? Rarely. But it happens because it is part of living. It is just NORMAL.

We should live the Christian life in much the same way, not having to think, "Did I live for Jesus today? Did I seek to glorify Him by my thoughts, words and actions?" It should be a part of who we are and how we live each and every day. And it is vitally important.... forgetting not only endangers our spiritual walk, but that of others around us. God never forgets about us for a second, and we should follow His example in return, in all our ways, letting Him direct our paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment