Thursday, March 16, 2017

Paint By Numbers

I used to love connect-the-dots drawings. Okay, I still love connect-the-dots drawings. And yes, I like to paint by number. It's the only way I can make art that will actually look like anything. When I took art class in middle school, my teacher told me I might want to try debate class. My play dough sculptures looked best right after the dough came out of the can. It was all downhill from there. So, for me, paint by numbers is the way to go.

The disciples were a diverse group ill suited to be evangelists, or at least it would seem that way. Fishermen, a political terrorist, and a tax collector? This did not look like the evangelistic A-team.

But Jesus had the answer. This week, we will see the pattern he established for his disciples (and us) that will change the world (John 15:12-14).

See you Sunday!

Hear this message at NHBC Media

No comments:

Post a Comment