Thursday, July 27, 2017

Big Ear

When I was in the fourth grade, my dad bought me a Big Ear for Christmas. Sold by Radio Shack, the Big Ear promised to allow you to hear sounds from hundreds of yards away: birds chirping, squirrels chattering, your big sister talking on the phone. The photo is of me in the fourth grade along with my teacher and a fellow student along with our rendition of a personal computer (the "Electro-Thinker") made out of a refrigerator box (circa 1970 Austin-American Statesman).



In reality, the Big Ear was a bit of a disappointment. The only birds I could hear were birds I could already hear, only with more static. The squirrels didn't seem to be chattering, and my sister never seemed to have any phone calls. Fortunately, we don't need a Big Ear to hear the God's message for our life. This week, we get to listen in to what Samuel heard God say, a message vital for his time and for ours (1 Samuel 3:1-18).

See you Sunday!

Hear this message at NHBC Media

No comments:

Post a Comment