Sunday, March 22, 2009

Will You Take Our 30 Day Challenge?

Have you read your Bible today?

I am sorry to jump out at you with such a personal question. I guess I could have started with something lighter like the weather or your plans for the weekend, but I only have a moment of your attention, and honestly, I can't think if anything more important to discuss than the amount of time you are spending reading God's Word.

The Bible is so much more than just a good book.

Hebrews 4:12 says, " For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any doubled-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."

This is no ordinary book! It a living book. It is the very word of our great God. What's more, it is our lifeline to Him.

Even so, I have to be honest and tell you that I don't read the Bible as faithfully as I'd like to. In fact, there are days, and weeks when I don't open my Bible at all.

But, I'm working on that.

In fact, I've recently made the commitment to read my Bible every day for at least 30 days. And I'm not the only one. Many of the students and adults involved in the Volume student youth group are smack dab in the middle of a commitment to read our Bible's every day for 30 days. Together we are learning to love and serve God better simply by reading His Word faithfully. You can read the testimonies of many of the challenge participants on our youth group blog www.volumestudents.com.

I want you to join us. I want you to know God better simply by reading His Word more often. I want you to connect to this living and active book in ways you never have before.Will you? Will you take our 30 day challenge? Will you commit to read your Bible, even if it's just a passage or two, every day for the next 30 days?

I hope so.

I can't wait to hear how God uses your commitment to draw you closer to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment