Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Fair Weather

The calendar says Spring is here. I look out my window and see the tiniest of green leaves here and there. When Spring comes, isn't everything supposed to be blooming and bursting forth in beauty?

The skies are gray and the forecasters issue storm warnings. The next forecast issues the possibilities of frost. Wait! Where's the sunshine, gentle winds, and warm temperatures?

Sometimes we feel that way about the Christian life. We're supposed to have peace, love, and joy...God's supposed to defeat the enemies, supply all our needs and calm the storms!

A storm comes, but so does a beautiful rainbow. Days later, the same glance out the windows shows lots more green leaves and flowers peeking through,  I'm able to leave my coat at home. "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens." Ecclesiastes 3:1. "But those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31. Sometimes I sure am a slow learner.....

The birds are chirping outside my window. It'll rain today, and tomorrow the green of Spring will show even more. But because I know THE Weatherman, I will have new mercies EVERY morning--and I can have sunshine in my SOUL no matter what storms of life may come, nor what season of life I'm in! What a great forecast!


No comments:

Post a Comment