Thursday, March 19, 2015

Backyard Sermon

I remember the first time I saw Saturn. My dad bought me a telescope for Christmas, and we eventually made it out in the yard to take a look at the skies. Aiming the telescope took a bit of a learning curve, so I remember a lot of "be patient son - this may take awhile." Finally, just before I was about to go inside and see what was on TV, my dad said, "Take a look at this." I squinted through the eyepiece of the telescope, and there it was - the planet Saturn, complete with rings and at least one moon. I had seen photos of Saturn in books, but never from my backyard. I'm not sure all the reasons why God put rings around that planet, but I know at least one was to give me and my dad an experience neither of us would ever forget.


Psalm 19:1 tells us "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the works of his hands." Creation reveals the Creator. That prophecy comes full circle in the experience at Calvary described in Luke 23:44-45. Join us this Sunday as we learn how creation itself revealed the gravity of what happened at the cross.

Hope to see you Sunday!

Vaughn


Listen to this message at http://www.nationalheights.org/messages.html

No comments:

Post a Comment