Thursday, March 26, 2015

Squirrel Hunting

My grandfather took me squirrel hunting. He told me to listen, and the squirrels would tell us what they were doing. I thought he was just trying to keep me quiet, but then he said, "Listen - those squirrels are getting ready to jump." And sure enough, two squirrels jumped from one branch to another. All morning long, my grandfather accurately predicted what squirrels were about to do, based on the sounds he heard.

I never heard them. Try as I might, all I could hear was the wind. My grandfather, on the other hand, knew what to listen for, something he had learned from years of listening. The sound was there, I just didn't know what I was hearing.

Many have heard the story of the cross, but don't yet know what they are hearing. This week, we will look at Luke 23:46-47, where we hear Jesus final words on the cross, and the words of a Roman soldier who witnessed the events of the day, words that tell a story every person needs to hear.

Hope to see you Sunday!


Vaughn

Listen to this message at http://www.nationalheights.org/messages.html

No comments:

Post a Comment