Thursday, May 7, 2015

Mom

This Sunday, we celebrate Mother's Day, a day commemorating the longest name in most children's vocabulary. At least it was in my house. When I got my foot stuck in the sewer, when the neighbor's chihuahua had me cornered in the backyard, when I had to have a salt dough volcano for a school presentation tomorrow, I knew the name to call: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

Mom's are those folks who are there when we need them. They help prepare us for the catastrophes of life. My mom helped prepare me for my greatest need of all - she told me about Jesus. The message this week, from 1 John 3:2-3, describes that greatest need and how everyone can be ready.

Hope to see you Sunday!


Vaughn

Listen to this message at http://www.nationalheights.org/messages.html

No comments:

Post a Comment