Thursday, May 28, 2015

Good Friend

Growing up, I had a good friend named Jerry. I'm not sure how I met Jerry - I'm guessing our parents knew each other from church or something. Jerry and I did everything together. We swam, played baseball, waited for the ice cream truck - we did every summer activity known to childhood.
And then I moved. I never saw Jerry again. I always wondered how his life turned out, and regretted not being able to continue our friendship. Good friends are hard to find.

This week is Friend Sunday at NHBC. Sometimes, we may wonder how to be a good friend, usually basing our efforts on the friendships we have experienced in life. Sunday, we will see the perfect example that we have in Christ, described in 1 John 3:16.

Hope to see you Sunday!


Vaughn

Listen to this message at http://www.nationalheights.org/messages.html

No comments:

Post a Comment