Wednesday, November 9, 2016

God's Surprises

As the 'Fall' temperatures stayed warm, but cooler weather was on the way, I began trimming back my plants and cleaning out my flower beds. Things looked pretty bare, especially on those warmer days when it felt like Spring and the time for flowers. My flower beds were now empty spots of dirt and chopped off plants that looked pretty pitiful. The green was turning yellow and brown, and the leaves now had nothing to stop them from piling up in the 'flower' beds.

One day, while clearing out the leaves, I noticed one beautiful, white daisy rising up from below the leaf piles and in between the chopped off plants. A few days later, I found several flower plants beginning to bud in the yard, undoubtedly carried by wind and/or birds, growing in a most unlikely place.

I believe we are called to be those 'flowers'....rising up when times seem cold and dark, or when no one around us is showing beauty. And/or we are to allow ourselves to be carried to what may seem unlikely spots, to share the beauty of God's love in unexpected places. Finding those flowers in the yard was a surprise, and the more I looked, the more I saw. To quote Emerson, "Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting." 

No comments:

Post a Comment