Thursday, November 17, 2016

Name Tag

My mom always told me not to talk to strangers. Good advice for a six year old, but basically impossible for an adult. I talk to strangers all the time: the air conditioner repairman I've never seen before, the cashier at the grocery store, the receptionist at the dentist. I guess, technically, they aren't complete strangers. I know who they are because they are wearing a name badge identifying them to be the person they claim to be, and even including their first name. Thanks for fixing the A/C, Nick.

In Exodus 14, God performs one of the greatest miracles in the Old Testament, the parting of the Red Sea. Even more amazing than the miracle itself is the reason why God did it. The miracle was not just to rescue the Israelites. In the passage we will study this week (Exodus 14:30-31), the Bible shows us that God's miracles reveal who He is.

See you Sunday!

Hear this message at NHBC Media

No comments:

Post a Comment