Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Flip the switch/Plug In

The power went off for awhile today at church. When that happens, it is always a reminder of how dependent we are on electricity. No computer, no light, and it quickly began to get chilly in the building. Nonetheless, as I entered a room, I would flip the light switch...and time after time, the same thing happened....NOTHING. I was still as much in the dark as when I entered the room.

Sometimes in life we feel in the dark and like nothing can be accomplished. We do what we think is best, even though we know better and we're still in the dark. The problem is generally the same...we aren't plugged in to The Power. 

Once the power came back on, I was still going to sit in the dark until I turned on the switch. Never mind that power was surging all around me....if I didn't turn the lights and computer on and UTILIZE the power, nothing would get accomplished.

God's power never goes out. It doesn't even flicker. And it is more than we can possibly imagine. But we have to use it and allow Him to be powerful in our lives. "I ask that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you may know the hope of His calling, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints, and the surpassing greatness of His power to us who believe." Ephesians 1:18-19. 


No comments:

Post a Comment