Thursday, December 8, 2016

No Debate

As far as I know, my high school did not have a debate team. I suppose our teachers thought we argued enough already. We did, however, have a history teacher who made us have a class debate as part of an assignment. He asked us what we thought about certain issues of the day, and then made us stand in front of the class and argue the case for the opposite side of what we believed. I understood the importance of seeing both sides of an argument, but I always wondered: If both sides are right, what's the point of the debate?

Philippians 2:9-11 describes a day when there will be no debate about the only thing that really matters - Jesus Christ is Lord. Join us this Sunday as we look forward to that extraordinary day.

Hear this message at NHBC Media

No comments:

Post a Comment