Thursday, December 1, 2016

Good Attitude

My seventh grade reading teacher told me I was cynical. After I looked it up, I realized that wasn't a complement. She thought I needed an attitude adjustment. Most seventh grade boys probably do. In fact, my attitude was pretty cynical through the course of my seventh grade reading class, but I decided I could survive anything for a year.

Nice plan, except that when class assignments came out in the eighth grade, I had the same teacher, this time for English. I quickly learned I needed the same adjustment in eighth grade that I needed in the seventh. Fortunately for both of us, she did not follow me to the ninth grade.

We all need attitude adjustments from time to time. The Bible gives us the target:

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 2:5)

Join us this Sunday as we discover how to have the attitude of Christ, even as a seventh grade student (or teacher).

Hear this message at NHBC Media

No comments:

Post a Comment