Monday, May 8, 2017

I wanna go home....and so do they

Recently I was at a conference in Georgia. While I was enjoying weather with no rain and temps mostly in the 80's, back home they were NOT enjoying monsoon rains and very cool temperatures. I emphasized when I watched the news or talked to people in Springfield; however, it wasn't until I began the trip home that it really affected me.

I could fly....nope, delays and cancellations were the norm. I could drive....nope, road closures and detours dotted the map. I could walk....SERIOUSLY??? I tried multiple possibilities....fly into another town close to home, fly a different route....always the answer was no. Eventually, I hit upon the right answer and was able to make it home.

Many people are trying to find their way 'home,' to fill the empty spot in their souls They, too, find nothing works...not money, popularity, drugs, alcohol, etc. Many don't even know who to ask for help. As Christians, we have found our way, and we are commanded to find ways to help others also find THE Way, through Jesus. And He is the ONLY Way. "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6. God has a table set with a place just for them!


No comments:

Post a Comment