Thursday, June 22, 2017

Where Did It Go?

Remember the Super Ball? It was a synthetic rubber ball that was made out of extremely elastic material causing it to bounce incredibly high. At its height, the toy company Wham-O was selling 170,000 units per day.

I bought one of them. It was as advertised - just like in the commercial, I could bounce it off of my driveway all the way over our house. Only one problem with that - with one bounce the ball disappeared over the roof. I never did find it. Whether it landed in the gutter, in the neighbors backyard, or is still traveling into outer space, I'll never know. All I knew was it was gone, along with the $1.50 I spent on it.

Sometimes, we may feel like our prayers do that. We pray, but nothing happens. At least that's what it seems like from our perspective. This Sunday, we will look at 1 Samuel 1:1-18 which describes the prayer of Hannah. For a time, Hannah probably wondered the same thing: "Does God really hear my prayer?" The answer she receives reveals the power of prayer every believer needs to understand.

See you Sunday!

Hear this message at NHBC Media

No comments:

Post a Comment