Thursday, June 4, 2015

Action Figure

Like most boys who grew up in the sixties, I went through my action figure stage. Mine was a little different, though. My parents wouldn't buy me the GI Joe I wanted, so I had to make do with my sister's Ken doll. My GI Joe was the best dressed soldier in the entire armed forces.

The problem with action figures was not their name or their wardrobe; the problem with action figures is that they really didn't do anything. You could bend their arms upward, but that only made my GI Ken look like he was surrendering. The "action" had to be supplied by me.

This week, we look at a passage of scripture that describes a love that does more than just look good. I John 3:18 calls every believer to love with action and truth.

Hope to see you Sunday!


Vaughn


Listen to this message at http://www.nationalheights.org/messages.html

No comments:

Post a Comment