Thursday, June 18, 2015

Father's Day

My dad was a handyman. He always had a project going in our home, everything from plumbing to remodeling. I remember when he remodeled the master bedroom. He was adding a half bath and a closet, as well as increasing the size of the room. To me, it seemed like a project somewhere in the magnitude of the Empire State building. I'd never seen so much lumber and so many nails in the same place. Our house looked like Home Depot.

My dad had a plan for every piece of lumber, and I suspect for every nail. He didn't waste anything. Sure enough, in about six weeks, my mom had a new closet, my dad had a new bathroom, and I had a whole new part of the house not to mess up. Dad's plan worked to perfection.

Our Heavenly Father has a plan. He wants us to know him and to love one another. Following that plan will change the world. Find out this week as we study 1 John 3:23-24.

Hope to see you Sunday!

Vaughn

Listen to this message at http://www.nationalheights.org/messages.html

No comments:

Post a Comment